Saturday, September 28, 2019

On Restoring the Lost Years


What a beautiful and well-read video on the lost years which the "locust have eaten".

This was my first encounter with Charles Spurgeon, a week ago, who I learned was largely influential with most pastors and ministers of Christ.

Being a baby Christian, the Holy Spirit led me to this particular video -- so very well-read in easy, gentle, measured tones -- unlike other Spurgeon sermons that were read by others.

So I will only feature this video for now for it also speaks of how we can all restore our strength and energy through God.

Without God, we cannot have the strength we need.

Spurgeon spoke of the "locust-eaten years of sin" and to "rend" our hearts to God.

Learning to be a Christian keeps your heart soft and humble, acknowledging our sinfulness, and opening our hearts to true learning.

I learned in Genesis 8:21, of which a portion God says:

"...every inclination of the human heart 
is evil from childhood."


That particular phrase really struck my heart of how we are all so fallible.

Find new strength in this lovely sermon of Charles Spurgeon, which I was so happy to have been led to and re-discover the grace to go through life and whatever hardships or challenges may come our way.

Here is the Joel 2:25 verse which was the source of his sermon:

I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten
    the great locust and the young locust,
    the other locusts and the locust swarm—
my great army that I sent among you."


Updated 18 January 2022