Saturday, September 28, 2019

God's Love in Seven Powerful Verses



I had no idea the Bible was so beautiful.

As a baby Christian and just beginning to read the Bible days ago, six (6) verses called to me, showing how much God loved us, making me cry, too.

One was Genesis 3:21 NIV:

"The LORD God made garments of skin 
for Adam and his wife and clothed them."


God clothed the fallen couple who became ashamed of their nakedness.

They had disobeyed His Commands that they not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, making them lose their innocence forever.

Eve was tempted by the serpent, with Adam following suit from Eve's promptings, turning the wheel of destiny for man.

I was so touched by God's gesture, like a loving Father, making garments for His fallen children, even as He had to let them go.

I can imagine Him making that garment, even as His Heart was sad for the sinful couple.

Another verse that touched my heart so, was when Christ says in John 14:14 NIV:

"You may ask me for anything in my name, 
and I will do it."


Again, that touches my heart and causes me to tears because I can feel Christ's love, humility, and promise.

How our Savior could do all that for us, as if we sinful people are worth it, considering what God said in Genesis 8:21 about "every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood" (see previous post).

How the Father and the Son love us so!

Proof of that was in John 3:16 NIV:

"For God so loved the world, 
that He gave his only Son, 
that whoever believes in him should not perish 
but have eternal life."


May we all be worth it.

We were even offered salvation through the verse in John 14:6 NIV:

Jesus answered, 
"I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me."


We can also enter the kingdom of God by being "born again" wherein Jesus explains to Nicodemus in John 3:3 NIV:

"Truly, truly I say to you, 
unless one is born again 
he cannot see the kingdom of God."


Christ says we must be "born of water and the Spirit" in John 3:5 NIV.

"Jesus answered, 
Very truly I tell you, n
o one can enter the kingdom of God 
unless they are born of water and the Spirit."


I also learned from 1 Peter 3:18 how Christ suffered for our sins:


"For Christ also suffered once for sins, 
the righteous for the unrighteous, 
to bring you to God. 
He was put to death in the body 
but made alive in the Spirit."


These are seven (7) essential verses for any baby Christian to know and to keep in our hearts.

When you love God, you will do anything to know more about His Word, for His Words are perfect, beautiful, and full of love.


Updated 18 January 2022