Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Trust in the Lord With All Your Heart


Proverbs 3:5-6 
King James Version

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; 
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, 
and he shall direct thy paths.


Soon as I woke up this morning, that verse came to mind, and I knew I had to share it with you, for it says everything you need to know, and be, so you can survive any challenges life may seem to throw at you.

In this health and economic crisis, I feel the restlessness in people, the growing belligerence, the confusion, the exhaustion, the anger, the depression, the helplessness. 

And GOD comes to mind.

When you become a true follower of CHRIST, only God comes to mind.

I know that only God has control over everything.

I also know he "allows" things to happen, so man will reveal his own, true nature -- which man probably doesn't even know about himself.

God is helping man to see better, by exposing the "idols" that man adores the most.

Our many addictions are being revealed to ourselves.

By now, you also see who really cares for you.

You'd also know what people stand for, what matters most to them, and it's always been two things.

God, and mammon.

God, and the idols the world adores.

I follow God alone.

What can the world give me that God can't give me infinitely better?

What can the world promise me that Jesus hasn't already done?

What satisfaction would I get from following the world?

The world will merely lead me to my destruction.

The world can't wait to get back to normal.

But what is normal?

It's just the old habits, the old pre-occupations, the old desires, the old goals, the old gods.

Many people still don't love God as He wishes to be loved.

More than at any other time in our life, we must lean on the LORD for our own understanding.

By ourselves, we can't see the real picture of things.

Only God can help us see it.

We are deeply mired in the cesspool of world thinking -- so many conflicting thoughts, emotions, intentions, and desires.

An unquenchable lust for all things not of God.

Christ showed us His only desire -- the FATHER.

He kept leading us back to God.

There was no other desire of Jesus, but to make us adore the FATHER, and not the idols of the world.

With this health crisis, we now see what industries were affected -- the very industries that take us away from the LORD.

They all represent greed, vanity, lust, and an obsession with self.

I wonder what other crisis would really take the fallen world from our hearts?

Of course, if you read the Bible, especially the words of Jesus, the prophets, and the Book of Revelation, you'd know.

I did write something significant for me that intrigued me about the end times, and that it can come at any time the LORD sees fit.

Why won't we want to love the LORD, instead of the world?

The LORD is the only sure thing.

Related material: