Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Only God is Good


I celebrate my two months as a baby Christian today, the 6th of November 2019.

In that time, I've started really reading the Bible and studying it, taking down notes which have filled three notebooks and used three ballpens already.

And that's only from having read Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, part of Numbers, and the four Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and nearly done with John.

It is no boast, my dear readers. 

If the Bible has 66 books and I've only read not even eight, that means I have 58 more books to read.

Long way to go.

It is hard work for I aim to get things accurately about God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, Salvation, Eternal Life, and Bible Prophecy. 

I am not a theologian.

I'm just a quiet and independent writer and researcher who has embraced Christ in full as a two-month-old born-again Christian.

I also love God with all my heart and thirst for Jesus' Words.

The Bible has so many beautiful verses from God, Christ, the prophets, and the apostles, but somehow, ONE particular verse really puts things in perspective for me, my life, and my work, and here it is:

18 And Jesus said unto him, 
Why callest thou me good? 
there is none good but one, 
that is, God.

Mark 10:18 
King James Version

In so very few words, Jesus reveals His own humility, even as John the Baptist, His beloved cousin and precursor, had this to say about our Savior:

27 He it is, 
who coming after me is preferred before me, 
whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

John 1:27 KJV

God knows the heart of man. After the Flood, God has this to say about man:

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; 
and the Lord said in his heart, 
I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; 
for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; 
neither will I again smite any more every thing living, 
as I have done.

Genesis 8:21 KJV

Very humbling, isn't it?

But if you can accept our true nature, then you know we all need to be corrected, and that's why we must look to Jesus as our Savior.

If you cannot accept it, then the world is still too much in you.

And you know who rules the world, right?

Check this previous post in case you're not aware. 

But all is not lost.

The Bible says that Jesus is the Way to God:

6 Jesus saith unto him, 
I am the way, the truth, 
and the life: 
no man cometh unto the Father, 
but by me.

John 14:6 KJV

If you really aim to know Christ, you must lose that ego.

Only Jesus must remain.

Remember this, then:

30 He must increase, 
but I must decrease.

John 3:30 KJV

(All verses from biblegateway.com and biblestudytools.com)

Updated 18 January 2022